Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Acts 20:7-12

AC 20:7 On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. 8 There were many lamps in the upstairs room where we were meeting. 9 Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead. 10 Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "He's alive!" 11 Then he went upstairs again and broke bread and ate. After talking until daylight, he left. 12 The people took the young man home alive and were greatly comforted.

15 comments:

Austin said...

It's pretty cool that it doesn't even say Paul got mad that the guy fell asleep while he was teaching. "If you had been paying attention to the sermon, I wouldn't have had to come down here and raise you from the dead!"

Ashley said...

I think it's interesting that after the incident Paul went and ate something....how funny! I am not sure how well I could eat after that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah that is a cool story.
I probably would have fallen asleep, too. One minute your going, "Stay awake, stay awake, stayyy aaawwwwaakkkee!!!" ...aannd the next thing you know you're waking up. It's like "Whaa?"
lol
But its great that Paul had so much faith. I believe that he set an example for Jesus' followers and we should pray for the gift of healing and stuff.

Ashley said...

I just looked at your profile question. How sad! I can't imagine anyone in your family forgetting to bring camera batteries to the moon. How tragic! Bummer! ;)

Anonymous said...

POSTED! (yes, again, you have not seen this one.)

sunny_12 said...

Hey Austin,
that was one of my first thoughts, too. (TY for the comment)

sunny_12 said...

Well, Ashley, it has hapened. My photographer family has forgot batteries. I know, terrible!lol

sunny_12 said...

You post too much, daisy, I can't keep up with you...

Anonymous said...

=) hehe

Ashley said...

I know what you mean. My brother left today to go back to Masters Commission. Sniff. We'll be siblingless together!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love my new electric guitar (it's so pretty).

Anonymous said...

I saw the picture on your myspace. That thing is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Bethany said...

interesting post, ilike it. its fits well with "awakening"

sunny_12 said...

Thanks guys! I thought up a good post so I'mm off to postin'! Oh, and I have piano lessons with my new teacher this morning (wish me luck, because I'm scared!)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! We're on the same time! I'll keep checking and send you an email. =]