Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm thankful

James 1:17 (New International Version)
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

I'm thankful for...



...my wonderful family. My dad who provides for us. My mom who teaches us. My older sister who makes me laugh really hard. My brother who gives me hugs. My other brother who is, well, I don't know that I can put hime into words, but he is awesome. My baby sister who is so darn cute that "I could spit" (okay, they're all cute.) They are so great. Even when we don't quite get along. I love them. Another thing I'm very thankful for: that none of us are sick.
I'm thankful for my animals. My dogs, cat, rabbits, chickens, fish, is there anything that I'm forgetting? Oh yeah, my brothers. haha. And I'm very thankful that we found Hamilton (my Holland Lop rabbit.) He's so cute.
I thankful for the food on our table, the water from our faucet, the roof over our head.
I'm thankful for my wonderful friends (hey, daisy, austin, ashley, beth, this is you guys!) And for all the fun we had this Summer. The berry fights, the "tramping," the music playing! And well, for daisy and austin, the blogging (thankful for the computer.) :)
I'm thankful for the plays that I will get to be in the year. I can't wait. And I'm thankful that hopefully my sister will teach tap this year.
I'm thankful for my piano and my guitar. And I'm thankful that my new piano teacher isn't as terrible as I thought she woul be. I'm thankful for my guitar teacher, too.

And a lot more.

Now it's your turn...

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful post! Beautiful attitude. Kind of like Job, even when everything went wrong. I am not saying you lost all your family because the house collapsed and all your livestock ot struck by lightning and now you are ill with boils. But I am just saying that like Job you give thanks to God, Who gives and takes away. We have plenty to be thankful for. Keep up the joy!
Hm I am thankful for....you!
Ashes
P.S. By the way I posted on my "usic and love go together like milk and cookies" blog. Yeah. The pink one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great!
My turn??
ok...I'm thankful for (family first)
My dad. he works his butt off to keep our house and he never quits because he loves every one of us. I'm thankful for my mom. She works hard around the house to help my dad and us learn and grow. Always giving us meals that are never leftovers, and making sure we have eaten and are ready for bed around 9pm.
I'm thankful for Andrew because if it wasn't for him I'd have to change the babies all the time and wash the dog. I'm thankful that he is nice most of the time.
I'm thankful for Josiah because if he wasn't here I wouldn't have his guitar to play on and I would have to take out the trash!! lol ok I like him sometimes just 'cause hes nice sometimes and we can play guitar/violin together.
I'm thankful for Jordan. He watches Gabriel all the time, and even though he's irritating sometimes, hes sweet and he does what you tell him to.
I'm thankful for Stephen. He spends his whole life outside getting bugs and spiders and worms and gubs and gross stuff. He captures spiders that I scream so loud about in my room and saves them in his room.
I am thankful for Daniel. Very sweet, very slow to anger. He will always sacrifice to make your life a little bit better. ;)
I'm thankful for Makayla. If I didn't have her as a sister I would be sisterless. She's nice most of the time and is easy to get along with as long as you don't offend her at first.
I am thankful for Benjamin. Very sweet and adorable!! I think he stole all the good looks from Josiah or someone 'cause he's got like the surfer blond hair...hes got this perfect beautiful face and his eyes are a most beautiful blue.
I'm thankful for Gabriel. He's so cute. He loves to please you. He smiles showing his cute little four front teeth. How did I ever live with out him??
I am not thankful for our dog, so forget that...
I am thankful for the time I live in with computers, phones, cars and ipod nanos. I'm thankful for Lanna And Jo. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AND YOU'VE MADE MY LIFE SO MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD EVER.
I am thankful for school, that I get that chance to be in it.
I am thankful for everything I own. My music, my CDs my guitar (yeah even that) the piano thats out of tune but works, for my beautiful violin and lessons. I am thankful for my awesome cousins and for our church. For all the church people they are awesome and they have really inspired me to want to know more about God.
I am thankful for Volley Ball. It's such an awesome sport!
I am thankful for food, water (and pop!) and a very big roof that is over my head at this moment.
I am thankful that I am thankful.

Anonymous said...

I love it.
I wonder is anyone else will comment.
No one else seems to be on much anymore.

Anonymous said...

r u HERE??

Anonymous said...

well i gtg cya