Wednesday, April 9, 2008

LEV 19:22 With the ram of the guilt offering the priest is to make atonement for him before the LORD for the sin he has committed, and his sin will be forgiven.

PS 32:1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.

PS 55:19 God, who is enthroned forever,
will hear them and afflict them--

men who never change their ways
and have no fear of God.

I can't believe that no one's posted about this yet. Maybe they have and I just haven't seen it.

But getting on point here.... I told you that I would put this on here, so I better do what I said.

No one's perfect (though it's fun to pretend). Sometimes we'll be doing one thing, and next thing you know.... "dang, I shouldn't have done that." Learning the hard way is...... hard. Take the last part of PS 55:19, "men who never change their ways and have no fear of God." It sounds like not fearing God and not changing go hand in hand. If a man doesn't fear God, he doesn't have a very good reason to change.

In the last year, I have changed so much. I've realized a lot about what is sin and what is not. When you get to a certain age, it's easier for you to see and understand that what you've been doing is wrong. It comes with maturity usually. Of course, God does the work, but it's easier for you to understand and except when you're older. God knows when you're ready for the changes.

The mistakes I've made
That caused pain
I could have done without
All my selfish thought
All my pride
The things I hide
You have forgot about
They're all behind you
They'll never find you
They're on the ocean floor
Your sins are forgotten
They're on the bottom
Of the ocean floor
My misdeeds
All my greed
All the things that haunt me now
They're not a pretty sight to see
But they're wiped away
By a mighty, mighty wave
A mighty, mighty wave
Your sins are erased
And they are no more
They're out on the ocean floor
Take them away
To return no more
Take them away
To the ocean floor
~Audio Adrenaline
















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I didn't even think to post this.
But yeah. We've gotta watch it. But God's s gracious we often picture a a mean God but our God is loving, we don't have to be afraid of God when we sin. We shouldn't even have to think about it. =) Like the Audio Adrenaline song, our sins are gone and God doesn't remember them.

Anonymous said...

"Lord, I know that You are worthy of my trust
For You have shown me time and time again
You’re faithful and yet
I’m so scared of letting go of this
Afraid of what You might do with it
How could I forget who You are like this" (~Rebecca St. James)

Anonymous said...

I like that song. I like that particular part, too.
It reminds me, if I give God my trust and if we yield to him, he's not going to ruin our lives for us. He's really going to change them into something better. So yeah, I can't relate to when she says in the last part "How could I forget who you are like this?"

sunny_12 said...

Yep...

Anonymous said...

yepyepyepyepyepyepyepyepyipyipyipyipyipyipyip
yipyipyipyipyipyipyipyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyup.........

Anonymous said...

*.* what to say what to say what to say...

sunny_12 said...

Maybe I should write another post. lol

Anonymous said...

maybe! lol