Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Change of Plans


"The invitation has been on the fridge for over a month. You ironed a shirt to wear, found the recipe for the cookies you want to take, and wrote to two faraway penpals about this party you're looking forward to. Then you wake up with a sore throat and you have to stay home... don't you hate that?..."

~Bethany Notgrass


Well, just recently, my sister and I planned on going to some friends' house to help bake some goodies for the baby shower (being thrown for our mothers) the next day, and speding the night there so that we could get up early and set up for the shower. But the night before, my throat started hurting. I came down with a cold and couldn't go help bake. So my sister went without me. (Thank God I was well enought the next day to go to the baby shower!)


Another thing I had planned was a trip with my grandma to pick up my cousin. While we were there, we were going to go to a mall and spend the night at a fancy hotel. Then, as it turns out, the days got mixed up, and they were leaving a day earlier than we thought, the day of the baby shower. My sister and I were really disappointed. It may seem small when looking back on it, but at the time... how could that happen?! We really were excited about this. And we were hoping that we could meet our friend at the mall while we were up there (Cherise).


Have you ever felt like yelling,"God, what are yo-" You stop yourself. You remind yourself over and over that he really does know what he's doing.


Sometimes he might change even bigger things, too. All that time, you wanted something so badly, you can almost, almost tase it. Then - wham - "ouch!"


"It's so hard to avoid trying to fit God into your plans, rather than fitting our plan into God's"

~Bethany Notgrass


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is true. It's hard to remember that everything done here is done for a greater purpose, even if we can't imagine what it would be.
We get so mad at God for ruining our plans and overlook the better plans he has for us.
Good post.

Nathaniel said...

So true...

LeeAnna said...

you write something that come from you...mmmmk?

lee

Bethany said...

hey joella, i really like this. hey i just wrote some more on my blog you should check it out!